Baxter Brewing Company
Tap Room Manager
Located in a renovated, textile mill built in the mid-1800s in downtown Lewiston, Maine, Baxter Brewing Company is one of the fastest growing breweries in the Northeast. Baxter’s beers can be found throughout New England, New Jersey, and eastern New York. In less than five years Baxter has grown to be the third largest brewery in Maine and in the top 15 breweries in New England. Baxter was the first brewery in New England to can 100% of its craft beer offerings.
Compensation and Benefits
Baxter Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. Additionally we offer health/vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement planning with a company match up to 3% of salary; paid time off; a killer work environment; and there’s beer. Complete details are outlined in the Baxter Employee Handbook.
Job Overview and Opportunities
This dynamic position will supervise all areas of the Baxter Brewing Company tap room as well as working closely with marketing, events, and production staff. The chosen applicant will work on the upkeep of the shop, tend the bar in our tap room, and make retail sales during open tap room hours. Success in this position will be founded in the attention to the customer experience when visiting Baxter Brewing. Patrons should be educated on craft beer, our brewing process, the unique location and growth of our brand. Candidate must be a self motivated individual, who executes on a high level and is capable of collaborating with multiple work groups and successfully multi tasking.
The Tap Room Manager will also supervise staff working in the tap room, manage and coordinate inventory with brewery production workers, execute a variety of events throughout the year, and assist in the strategic planning and budgeting for the tap room. Particular focus will be on ordering/rotating inventory correctly and on completing a thorough month end inventory.
The ideal candidate loves craft beer (brewing experience is a bonus but not required), is extremely organized and detail oriented, and is responsible as well as hard working. Position will be full time with required hours on nights and weekends. Expanded Taproom hours of operation to include Sundays from Memorial Day through Labor Day in 2017.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Hiring, training and managing tap room staff
- Oversee Cost Control and profitability of the taproom: Report weekly to Director of Operations
· A strong desire to collaboratively lead the direction of the taproom experience while staying up to date on Market and Industry trends and opportunities.
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for all guests at all times.
- Communicating beer and merchandise needs for inventory
- Completing weekly and monthly inventory tasks for production team
- Conducting fun and energetic tours of the brewery
- Managing the coordination for all special events hosted in the taproom while keeping a calendar of booked events and upcoming Baxter outings
- Creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures for re ordering needs and inventory stock levels
- Sensory Panel Participant
- Daily Quality Control metrics to ensure optimal customer experience for all Baxter Brewing guests
- Develop a lead beer server training program and lead all Day One on boarding trainings for new hires
- Engaging customers, making sales, and answering questions
· Other duties as assigned
· Proactive managemrent of taproom improvements and actively engaged around the development plans for the taproom expansion
· Ability to move kegs and operate a hand truck
· Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
· Previous brewery or craft beer experience preferred
· Hospitality experience is a plus
· Retail experience required- both back and front of house experience
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer industry
· Proven success in a retail environment
· Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
· Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
· Strict attention to detail.
· Advanced computer literacy- excel, word, outlook, square, etc.
· Events planning and coordination experience
· Time management and schedule management
To apply: please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org