POSITION SUMMARY: Grows sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, and working with distributor sales personnel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers and restaurateurs in area.
• Assume a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in area.
• Assist Lead Brewery Representative in communicating Breweries objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
• Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
• Ensure that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
• Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
• Ensure proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory
• Assist Lead Brewery Representative in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with distributor partners.
• Attend all Regional & Brewery Sales team meetings as requested
• Represent both Breweries at selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions
• Sell in and conduct training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
• Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
• High level of craft beer product knowledge
• Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
• Strong organizational & planning skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two years of industry experience selling craft beer.
• Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
• In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 58 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
• Travel is required.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer