JOB TITLE: Field Sales Representative (FSR)
LOCATION: Portland, Maine
REPORTS TO: Lead Brewery Rep- Maine, New Hampshire, & Vermont
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt Outside Sales
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 04/09/2018- 04/29/2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Grows sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, and working with distributor sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
• Plans and executes On and Off Premise promotions including both small and large scale events. Minimum of 3 On Premise and 3 Off Premise are required monthly.
• Obtains orders from On and Off Premise accounts in conjunction with distributor representatives.
• Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with On and Off Premise accounts in area.
• Sells in and conducts training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
• Assumes a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in area.
• Assists Lead Brewery Representative in communicating Breweries objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
• Responsible for effectively communicating information with distributor partners in order to keep product fresh and relevant.
• Conducts required in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
• Ensures that the Brewery’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
• Uses data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
• Demonstrates knowledge in overseeing and managing a personal and professional calendar, with particular attention to balancing multiple deadlines at any given time.
• Ensures proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory.
• Assists Lead Brewery Representative in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with distributor partners.
• Attends all Regional & Brewery Sales team meetings as requested.
• Responsible to turn in weekly accountability worksheet in a timely manner.
• Reviews and understands all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
• High level of craft beer product knowledge
• Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
• Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills
• Ability to troubleshoot draft issues.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two years of industry experience selling craft beer.
• Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
• In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 58 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Primarily work will be done in home office, while traveling, and also in business accounts.
• Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
• Travel is required.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.