JOB TITLE: Packaging Operator
LOCATION: Brewery, Comstock, MI
REPORTS TO: Shift Lead- Packaging
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
SHIFT: 2nd shift (Monday- Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm) 3rd shift (Sunday-Thursday 10:00pm-6:00am)
POSITION SUMMARY: Works in the Packaging Department to operate and maintain equipment needed to package beer in a variety of containers including kegs, bottles and cans. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
• Operates packaging department equipment.
• Performs Preventative Maintenance routines as designated by the Packaging Manager.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems within the department.
• Understands and adheres to safety standards.
• Cleans and maintains bottling/kegging/canning facilities.
• Alerts the Shift Lead- Packaging or other management personnel to potential quality concerns.
• Functions well working in a team environment.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Automated packaging equipment
• Forklift trucks
• A variety of hand and power tools
• Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
• Limited computer use
• Hand Held Bar Code Scanner
• Touchscreen machine controls
• Compressed air or other gasses, including C02
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in a production/packaging environment
• An understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core safety issues.
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
• The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
• The ability to operate a forklift.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a brewing and packaging facility.
• The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
• The noise level in the packaging facilities is frequently loud (80+ dB)
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
• The employee comes in contact with and has to handle broken glass.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer