POSITION: Culinary Manager
LOCATION: Windsor, Vermont
DEPARTMENT: Riverbend Taps
FLSA: Full Time, Exempt
JOB GRADE: Kilderkin
The Culinary Manager (CM) is responsible for the entire food program at the Harpoon Riverbend Taps and Beer Garden (RBT). This position reports to the General Manager (GM) and interacts with a broad cross section of senior Harpoon managers. The CM’s duties involve a variety of activities in recipe and procedure development, staff supervision, training, purchasing, financial management, quality control, and marketing. The Culinary Manager will bring the Harpoon brand to life by providing guests with dining and drinking experiences that communicate Love Beer, Love Life.
The RBT has initiated a complete review of its menu and kitchen, which – amongst other important changes – calls for a reorganization that includes a new Culinary Manager position. Still in the planning phases, the CM will lead, in collaboration the Harpoon management team, the completion of the review and will implement major changes to the menu, kitchen, and operating systems.
The Harpoon Brewery, an employee-owned company, was founded in 1986 and is a leading New England craft brewery. The brewery, located just off of I91 in Artisans Park (a community of craft producers), attracts tens of thousands of guests throughout the year. RBT is Harpoon’s primary consumer showcase. With indoor seating for 100, an abundant exterior, seasonal capacity, the RBT is also a major hospitality enterprise.
The candidate must be a team player with demonstrated success as a manager, and be able to execute around a vision for the RBT food experience. Strong organizational skills, passion for customer service, and a love of food are table-stakes for this position. As employee-owners, Harpoon team members wear many hats and do whatever it takes to contribute to the overall success of the operation.
Supervision of Staff
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding of kitchen staff
- Training of both front and back of house team members, with specific focus on menu, kitchen procedures, customer service, and food safety
- Staff scheduling
- On-going evaluation and periodic performance reviews
- Hands-on coaching, and guidance to ensure compliance with all SOPs and standards
- Maintaining the professional appearance of all kitchen staff
- Developing and implementing weekly and seasonal menu specials
- Developing written checklists and standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of operations.
- Maintaining professional relationships with all coworkers, ensuring that the front and back of house teams are working together seamlessly
Finance and Administration
- Manage and report on the financial performance of food operations, including compliance with cost guidelines while maintaining quality standards
- Forecasting and adjusting for seasonal business, weather, events, etc.
- Vendor Management: purchasing, receiving, quality control
- Routine inventory management
- Monitor menu performance
- Opening or closing the restaurant as needed
Health and Safety
- Maintaining ServSafe certification for self and all kitchen staff
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized kitchen
- Compliance with all local and state health and safety requirements
- Variable hours that include night, weekend, and holiday work
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing up to 65 pounds
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment
- BA Degree for accredited culinary program or related field of study
- 3-5 years professional kitchen/restaurant management experience
- Highly organized and energetic
- Hands-on approach
- A passion for engaging guests with food and dining experiences
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer and craft beer drinkers
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional hospitality team working in a fast paced and challenging environment. Position offers great experience and opportunity for growth and development.
TO APPLY: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jo...