The Event Coordinator reports to the Manager of Events – Beer Hall and is directly involved with all aspects of planning and producing private events. Specifically, the Event Coordinator fields and responds to inquiries, works closely with the customer to plan all details of a private event, and directly participates in the production of the event. Further, the Event Coordinator maintains communication with the customer through post event follow-up.
- Variable hours that include night and weekend work
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and problem solver
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Event coordinator experience is preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
EVENTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Fields inquiries, schedules and oversees events. Hosts meetings with potential event guests to demonstrate the space, describe event layout, and list out timing for an event that can work with the guests’ vision.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner, maintain communication via email or over the phone with event hosts, create confirmations for event hosts, update event confirmations as new information becomes available, reach out to confirm upcoming events, and respond with thank you emails following the event.
- Work with Manager of Events to channel internal requests from Sales, Marketing, and other departments appropriately by generating cost prediction for the date and time of the requested event.
- Coordinate guest vouchers, space or table reservations and private tour inquiries from Harpoon employees by way of adding them to the events calendar and daily sheets. Communicate with Harpoon employee liaison should the voucher visit not go as planned.
ON-SITE EVENT MANAGEMENT:
- Manage events ranging in size from 5-400 people in the Beer Hall or Tasting Room.
- Ensure the Beer Captains and space is cleaned, staged, and prepared for the event.
- Greet the event host and escort them to their event space. Provide event details to the host including open/token bar, catering location, tour times (if applicable), last call timing, payment processes, and event completion time.
- Oversee the Beer Captains break schedule, bar duties and catering responsibilities during an event.
- Process event payment on Micros at the completion of event with host’s credit card, check or application of a deposit.
- Pull daily event revenue report from Micros and include in the Manager on Duty’s Nightly Report document and drop. Provide a brief description of day’s events and any outstanding revenue amounts on Nightly Report document.
- Process and maintain records of new event inquiries, guest vouchers, event invoices, deposits, gratuity vouchers, past confirmations, electronic records of event revenue and catering revenue.
- Create all Daily Sheets on clipboards for events in the upcoming week (Sunday – Saturday), hang copies in BH Managers office and in Kitchen. Print event confirmations, catering orders, and catering dishware requirements sheet to put with appropriate clipboards.
- Update Event Ledger spreadsheet, Beer Hall Event Calendar, catering tracking spreadsheets, and Event Binder with receipts and event confirmation sheets.
- Send confirmation emails 2 weeks out to verify event details for all upcoming external events. Follow up on any missing details and reconfirm head count/outside catering.
- Maintain communication with the Kitchen Manager and Additional Kitchen Staff to update pretzel count for the following week.
- Prepare Beer Captains transitions list, event staff schedule and any additional floor plan diagrams as needed for larger Beer Hall buyout events.
- Create and manage the catering orders for Harpoon Employees during Festivals, Company Meetings, Beer Hall Staff Meetings and Saturday Staff lunches. Assist in the set up and tear down of these catering orders as needed.
- Support the beer hall as needed by assisting Beer Captains in their daily responsibilities including but not limited to bar service, floor service, selling tour tickets and answering customer service questions on the host stand, selling retail items, performing a brewery tour, and providing knowledgeable explanations about our products.
- Assist with pretzel needs during events including running and bussing pretzels, taking pretzel orders, and any additional requests from the kitchen.
- Maintain an organized and clean kitchen shelving and catering space.
- Maintain stock and inventory of event items including but not limited to plates, b&bs, flatware, chairs, table feet, serving utensils, A/V equipment and event specific decorations.
- Additional duties as directed by the Beer Hall Manager of Events or Beer Hall GM
Job Grade: Firkin or Kilderkin
To apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jo...