JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager
REPORTS TO: Global Services Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Comstock building systems are functioning efficiently and maintained in a clean organized fashion consistent with lean manufacturing practices. This position oversees a team of facilities maintenance personnel, a Housekeeping Team Lead, and effectively communicates with and engages stakeholders to achieve these ends. They will be responsible for addressing occupant needs in a timely fashion while acting as the primary owner for the building management system, lighting, HVAC, pest control, dock doors, housekeeping, facilities maintenance, building envelope, uniforms and lockers, elevators, Global Services space sanitation and organization, and fire suppression.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc., and is accountable for the safety of their department.
• Successfully builds rapport, respect and camaraderie, both inter- and intra-departmentally, through exceptional coaching, teambuilding and training.
• Trains and mentors department Leaders.
• Assists the department leaders in developing and implementing training programs for the Facilities and Housekeeping staff.
• Proactively communicates feedback to staff with consistent staff meetings and written communication while maintaining high departmental morale.
• Alerts other management personnel to potential quality concerns.
• Tracks and records staff performance, providing periodic reviews, and utilizing progressive disciplinary measures when necessary.
• Schedules Facilities staff to maximize coverage during production operations.
• Prioritizes and schedules facilities work requests and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Audits building management systems to ensure efficient operation and occupant experience.
• Continuously improves proactive maintenance programs for facility systems.
• Acts as the project manager for any facility-related projects, developing project scopes, budgets, communicating with affected parties and seeing projects through to their successful conclusion.
• Manages the Comstock Housekeeping team, with the Housekeeping Lead, to maintain staffing levels and provide the highest level of cleanliness in all shared spaces.
• Works with the Comstock Housekeeping Lead to perform weekly visual audits and monthly “scored” audits at each facility.
• Works with Housekeeping Lead to plan, set up for, and clean after events in large conference room.
• Responsible for ensuring a high level of cleanliness in all Global Services-owned brewery spaces that are not otherwise appointed.
• Manages uniform, pest control, roofing, flooring, dock door, heating and cooling and other vendors and contractors to maintain functionality and improve systems.
• Works closely with the Critical Systems Manager to see that all preventative maintenance is well documented and completed in a timely manner.
• Works with the Sustainability Specialist to ensure facility systems are operating as efficiently as possible, minimizing waste and conserving.
• Actively communicates with all departments throughout the company, systematically eliciting feedback for continuous improvement opportunities.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Housekeeping Lead and Staff (Part and Full-time)
• Facilities Maintenance Team
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• PC skills, specifically Enterprise Asset Management software (Infor), building management systems, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
• Forklift Trucks
• Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills. The ability to communicate to multiple stakeholders in variable formats: written, verbal and presentation.
• The ability to positively engage customers and employees; providing constructive criticism with the goal of increasing performance while maintaining a high level of departmental morale.
• `A deep awareness of the importance of sanitation and good maintenance practices in food processing environments.
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical building systems, especially HVAC and refrigeration systems.
• Prior experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management software.
• Working knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), master sanitation schedules, cleaning chemicals, and housekeeping best practices in industrial and commercial operations.
• Experience developing and managing projects executed by third party mechanical contractors.
• An extremely detail-oriented work ethic.
• A self-motivated approach, requiring limited oversight.
• An aptitude for creating systems to identify and assign tasks.
• A willingness to make difficult or unpopular decisions when necessary.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
• A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively.
• Sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of field experience and/or training in a related industry
• Certified Six Sigma Yellow belt or higher.
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional with Existing Building Operations and Maintenance Certification (LEED AP EBOM).
• Management/Leadership Experience
• Experience working with Infor or other Asset Management systems.
• Knowledge of brewing processes preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 58 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• That of a food processing facility, a warehouse facility, as well as an office environment.
• A food processing facility is a continuously clean/sterile environment.
• The noise level in certain parts of the brewery can be loud, in excess of 80 dB.
• May work regularly around high voltage lines, flame, hot water, and steam.
• Works with hazardous materials.
• Works near moving mechanical parts.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer