POSITION: Finance Assistant
FLSA: Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
JOB GRADE: Firkin
Harpoon has over 300 employees who understand that making great beer fun can be more challenging – and more rewarding - than it seems. We do things a bit differently here; different from other companies in general and different from most of our fellow brewers. Different in this case does not mean more complex or harder to understand. Because we also believe in being simple and straightforward. We have a very short list of ‘philosophies’ that underline how we run our business:
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Work like an owner and think like a customer.
- Make great beer and revel in it or as we say to the rest of the world: Love Beer. Love Life.
- We love the beer we brew, and we love drinking it together. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to excellence and a sense of humor to join our growing team.
The Finance Assistant will assist in the administration of the financial/business functions within Harpoon by performing tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by their supervisor.
- Customer activities, specifically related to billing and customer collections
- Vendor activities, specifically related to purchasing and cash disbursements
- Research and answer customer/vendor inquiries
- Assist the Finance department with proper general ledger coding, document processing and other accounting related activities
- Other administrative duties supporting operations as they relate to the Finance department
- Conduct day-to-day financial transactions such as invoicing, payments, banking and other transactions
- Manage and maintain accurate and timely procedures related to the input of transactions into the company’s accounting system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or similar field (experience in accounting and performing the above mentioned duties may substitute for degree requirement)
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and the following Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer
- Ability to make oral presentations and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work/business
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet a variety of deadlines and prioritize workload
- Self starter with strong initiative
- Team player and community advocate
- Craft beer enthusiast
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional Finance team working in a fast paced and challenging environment. Position offers a great experience and opportunity for growth and development.
To apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jo...