Location: Fresno, CA
Reports to: Brewery Operations Manager
We are looking for someone with an earthly passion for brewing eager to make an industry that mixes artistry and science their livelihood.
We are building an energetic, creative, collaborative and high paced growth-oriented team.
This position will allow you to exponentially develop your brewing skills.
The assistant brewer working with the rest of the brewing team will have responsibilities in all areas of brewing operations. This position may lead into a brewer position dependent on experience and application of skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with brewhouse operations (i.e. milling, mashing, lautering, etc.)
- Ensuring that the lab work is done properly and in a timely fashion
- Ensuring that the paper work and associated reporting is done accurately and on time
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP/Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and brite beer tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain and false bottom
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
- Receiving and storing deliveries properly
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials, brewery supplies and kegs
- Experience Packaging including, Kegging, Canning/Bottling
- Continual development of ones own knowledge about beer and brewing
Key skills and requirements:
- Communication and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment is 100% necessity.
- A history of dependability at prior jobs, references will be called.
- 1 Year Commercial Brewing Experience Minimum.
- Experience on 15BBL plus brewhouse a plus.
- Clean Drivers License, and reliable transportation.
- Forklift Certification a Plus.
- Barrel and culture experience a Plus.
- Strong knowledge of the brewing fundamentals and processes.
- Homebrewing experience is a must, brewing awards are a plus.
- Requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage one's self and work in an efficient manner and interact with other team members effectively and professionally.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced, wet, loud production environment on one’s feet for most of the day and repeatedly lift 55lbs.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work overtime with occasional nights and weekends.
Please send your resume and salary history to Arthur@fullcirclebrewing.com. With the answer to two questions.
- What is Craft Beer?
- What will you add to Full Circle Brewing Co?
About Fresno California
This position is located in Fresno, CA. Fresno is located in Central California and its downtown area is going through a rapid revitalization. Craft breweries, tech companies, downtown entertainment, residential developments, and the high speed rail, have been a big part of this culture change. Although located in California, our cost of living is about 1/3 when compared to other major California cities which are located 3 hrs North (Bay Area) and 3 hrs South (Los Angeles). If outdoor activities are your thing, we are located close to several lakes, the Sierra Nevada mountain range, and the Central Coast.
About Full Circle Brewing
Full Circle Brewing is Fresno’s longest running brewery re-created to enrich our community by combining life’s simple pleasures with exceptional craft beer. As a full-scale production craft brewery and live entertainment venue, we pride ourselves in creating a fun destination bringing together artists, and craft beer enthusiasts alike. Our logo represents the rebirth of our city, brewery, and our lives. We believe time is the most precious nonrenewable resource and now is the time to live a little, be entertained, and bring your life of hoppiness FULL CIRCLE