POSITION: National Accounts Manager Off-Premise - Northeast
FLSA: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: VP National Accounts
JOB GRADE: Kilderkin
Harpoon has over 300 employees who understand that making great beer fun can be more challenging – and more rewarding - than it seems. We do things a bit differently here; different from other companies in general and different from most of our fellow brewers. Different in this case does not mean more complex or harder to understand. Because we also believe in being simple and straightforward. We have a very short list of ‘philosophies’ that underline how we run our business:
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Work like an owner and think like a customer.
- Make great beer and revel in it or as we say to the rest of the world: Love Beer. Love Life.
- We love the beer we brew, and we love drinking it together. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to excellence and a sense of humor to join our growing team.
The National Accounts Manager is responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with large, multi-location customers. Assigned to 20-25 retailers, the National Accounts Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
Responsible for managing select retailers in Supermarket, Club & Convenience channels in the Northeast & Midwest regions.
- Work with VP National Accounts to develop & achieve annual goals while remaining on budget
- Develop creative programming to drive Ad/Feature activity
- Align efforts with Regional Sales Managers to ensure program execution
- Develop strong relationships with Retail Buyers and Distributor Chain Managers
- Learn to communicate the “Harpoon Story” to retailers and distributors
- Maintain consistent, effective communication with internal stakeholders, retailers & distributors
- Strong ability to follow-up on key initiatives discussed during meeting
- Provide weekly or monthly call recaps to VP National Accounts
- Ability to incorporate IRI/Nielsen & VIP insights into effective solutions-based retailer presentations
- Have minimum 5 years experience in Alcoholic Beverage sales including at least 2 years in National Accounts
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, sales and management preferred
- Have visible passion for Craft beer embody our Love Beer. Love Life motto
- Possess high levels of energy & self-motivation
- Willingness to travel 4-6 days per month for retailer and distributor meetings
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Be organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to thrive in independent working environment
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional sales team working in a fast paced and challenging environment. Position offers a great experience and opportunity for growth and development.
To apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jo...