PACKAGING OPERATOR I
The Packaging Operator I will be responsible for working with the packaging team to keg, bottle and can all of Uinta’s world-class products. This role has basic knowledge in one or more areas of the packaging process with an aptitude toward advancement in one or more areas. Responsibilities will include cleaning and maintaining the machinery and meeting GMP standards. Must be able to work in a fast-paced production assembly environment, be quality conscious, operate safely and have good communication skills. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to be involved in a fast-growing, quality-focused brewing and packaging company with an aggressive expansion plan. We are building a team of qualified, professional, hard-working people with positive attitudes and a focus on creating a great workplace.
Uinta Brewing Company embarked upon its mission of brewing world class, full-flavored, craft-brewed beer in 1993. Uinta is named after the only major east-west running mountain range located in the continental U.S. Since 1993, Uinta Brewing has created world class, full-flavored, craft-brewed beer ranging from 4.0% to over 13% alcohol by volume. The Uinta team comprised of outdoor and beer enthusiasts, brews a variety of beer organized in to three distinct lines; the Classic Line, Organic Line, and the Crooked Line.
- Perform packaging operations at the bottling, canning, and kegging lines – employees are trained in all four lines – kegging, bottling, canning, and Crooked line.
- Expected to learn to operate all packaging machinery
- Load and unload materials and finished products.
- Assist with the start-up of the packaging line or keg line
- Daily expectation to keep work area organized for efficient operation
- Troubleshoot equipment problems with the team to reduce downtime
- Coordinate with the operations and scheduling manager when changes arise
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Additional duties as assigned in various functions of the brewery as needed
- This role will work with chemicals
- PRODUCTIVITY – Manages a high workload and a variety of responsibilities, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time and efficiency, handles information flow.
- TEAMWORK – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- ESULTS FOCUS – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities. Ensures accuracy & completion of work, focuses on desired result.
- QUALITY – Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, acts on quality problems.
- DEPENDABILITY – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Applicant must be 21 or over to apply
- Basic understanding of operation of all four lines – kegging, bottling, canning, Crooked line
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Previous packaging experience preferred
- Forklift operating experience a plus
- Interest in brewing a plus
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to package quality beer according to Uinta’s standards and procedures, including quality and quantity requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Support new ideas and help implement them.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift up 75-100 pounds. Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a warehouse environment
- Organization skills including attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Simple math and ability to complete forms and write instructions
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety standards
- Is driven to meet Uinta Brewing Company’s purpose to responsibly craft exceptional beers that are relevant to today’s and tomorrow’s consumer.
- Acknowledge that each Uinta team member is important and a positive contributor to our success.
- Adhere to Uinta’s core value that it’s never wrong to do the right thing.
- Bring passion and excellence to everything we do.
- Innovate, pursue knowledge, and stretch to grow.
- Actively work to sustain our environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Support a continuation of making Uinta Brewing Company a great workplace.