Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project is currently seeking a Packaging Technician! The ideal candidate will be a rockstar team player, have experience in packaging in the brewing industry, and have a passion for craft!
The Packaging/Cellar Technician is responsible for for the safe and precise treatment of product during packaging runs and ensuring quality is maintained during the entire packaging run. This position is required to diligently perform all packaging functions as well as cellar duties as trained and warehouse and facilities maintenance. The Packaging/Cellar Technician is an integral part of the Crooked Stave brewery team and actively participates in keeping the packaging and cellar areas clean and well maintained to ensuring the quality and integrity of our product and process. The Packaging/Cellar Technician reports directly to the Packaging Coordinator.
- Keg cleaning, monitoring of keg fleet and kegging operations
- Bottling, and all aspects of bottling including cork and cage operation while monitoring quality standards and maintaining SOP’s
- Ensure that brewery, cellar and packaging facilities and equipment are operable, clean and safe; follow all SOPs and protocols
- Clean and sanitize brewery equipment, kegs, lines and other areas in the brewery; keep track of clean and dirty equipment and kegs
- Contribute to the quality assurance processes, improvements and evolution of the cellar/packaging department to gain efficiencies; troubleshoot problems and communicate needs with supervisors
- Duties will also include assisting Warehouse Coordinator and warehouse duties
- Other duties as assigned
Important Skills and Abilities
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency; the ability to multi-task, prioritize competing tasks, and work independently, while excelling in a collaborative team environment
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, and employ effective time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve and work through challenges while remaining calm, flexible and upbeat, knowing when to ask for help to prevent mistakes and complete the task
- Mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work with brewery and packaging equipment, basic tools, and to drive a forklift
- Writing and math skills necessary to read and write orders and to accurately complete dilution calculations, volume, flow, density, weight, length, pressure and other unit conversions, calculate beer volumes/losses, and alcohol content
- Ability to communicate clearly in the primary language used in the workplace, verbal and written
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, lift, carry and handle 10 lbs, frequently bend, stoop, kneel, climb, reach, and push; and occasionally lift and carry 50lbs to 70 lbs throughout shift
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, labor intensive, damp and variable temperature brewery and warehouse environment and to work with hot, cold and hazardous equipment and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Fermentation Science or related field of study preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in relevant work experience including previous packaging experience within a brewery is preferred
- Previous experience with mechanical systems and troubleshooting problems
- Inventory management skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Love and passion for craft beer is a must!
We employ people who continuously work hard and in doing so, have an immediate impact and figurative voice in our brewery. We encourage everyone at Crooked Stave to be motivated and to grow alongside our company. Every employee is an extremely important part of the Crooked Stave team and its future.
This is a full-time non-exempt position for the purposes of federal wage-law and will be eligible for overtime pay for hours actually worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. Regular business days and hours of work Monday through Friday are expected, with work in the evenings and weekends as needed.
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages, paid time off, benefits (medical, dental, vision, life) and Crooked Stave BEER! The pay range for this position is $12.00 to $14.00 per hour, based on experience.
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project is a modern artisan brewery with a quality driven focus. We strive to progressively blend science and art through creativity and following our passion. Founded in Denver, Colorado in 2010, the brewery’s artistic creations, most of which use Brettanomyces yeast and mature in oak, result in beers of extraordinary complexity.