The Plant Maintenance Manager provides leadership and directs strategy for the maintenance effort in support with plant’s strategic and production plans. This position improves asset utilization, uptime and production throughput by implementing proven reliability improvement processes, ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant customers by implementing sound work management processes. This position is responsible for department budgeting, professional and technical development of direct reports. Finally, this position is responsible for seeking methods to reduce utilities consumption, protect the environment, reduce waste and foster a safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create a roadmap for proactive maintenance and upgrades to our brewery that will maximize productivity, avoid/minimize downtime and prolong the life of installed assets.
- Ensure maintenance and repair work is performed efficiently through organized planning, optimized material support and coordinated work execution.
- Ensure the production areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function and ensures the maintenance function is given the opportunity to provide this service.
- Utilize data to analyze equipment failure modes, mean time between failure (MBF), etc. and suggests/implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment/process failures (I.E.:PM inspection improvements, predictive maintenance techniques, maintenance employee training, etc.).
- Help drive a mindset and skills around preventative and proactive maintenance; shifting work responsibilities as appropriate.
- Provide meaningful management reports to enhance control of maintenance operations.
- Provide quality maintenance service in support of operational needs.
- Create and adhere to a work order scheduling process.
- Continually reduce equipment downtime and increase availability through the establishment of a preventive/predictive maintenance program (including failure analysis) designed, directed, monitored and continually improved.
- Establish sound storeroom operations that provides repair parts for critical process equipment as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Keep the operations managers properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently
- Budget management
- Ability to read and interpret Standard Operating Procedures and basic Quality System concepts.
- Strong understanding of skilled trades; working with unionized skilled tradespeople, estimating, managing work, etc
- Business acumen/working knowledge of P&L
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Ability to drive and lead change
- Creative problem solver
- Collaborative working style; ability to reach across functional boundaries to build lasting value
- Communication skills – verbal and written
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a Mechanical Engineering/Maintenance position
- Minimum of 10 years managerial experience
- Familiarity with the beer or beverage production processes
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Frequent physical movement in a manufacturing environment with moderate noise and production environment with loud noise
- Work in a variety of outside weather conditions
- Ability to work in high noise levels
- Ability to handle hazardous materials
- Ability to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery with moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to operate various power tools
North American Breweries is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Vet