Blacklands Malt located in Leander, TX is currently hiring Production Team Interns (15-20 hrs/wk) for 3-6 month assignments. Capable and interested candidates have the potential to transition to full-time work (35-40 hrs/wk) after the internship period.
Founded in 2012 Blacklands Malt is the first malthouse in Texas to provide locally sourced malted barley and wheat to the brewing and distilling industries. Our mission is to take the good sense of sustainable food production and connect people to their land through work and innovative foods. We value Hard Work, Attention to Details, Dedication, Integrity, and Professionalism.
If you don't shy from physical labor and want to learn a trade as part of a growing start-up in the food and beverage industry then come join our team!
- As an intern on the Production Team you will be responsible for assisting the Production Team in performing the job duties necessary for processing batches of raw grain into malt.
- This is an entry-level manual labor position so you must be able to perform, and comfortable with, physical labor.
- 1st and 2nd shift and weekend hours possible. All work will be performed during 1st or 2nd shifts (8am-11pm).
- Internship period - 3-6 months.
- 15-20 hrs/week.
- Ability to be on your feet for periods of 2-6 hrs.
- Ability to shovel grain and green malt for periods of 1-2 hrs.
- Ability to lift up to 75# repeatedly without injury.
- Reliable transportation to/from work.
- Flexibility to meet adjusting work schedule.
- Must be a non-smoker as this is a food production facility.
- Must be over 21 years old.
- Performing the required duties involved in grain cleaning, germination, and deculming of the malt.
- Duties may change depending on the season and adjusting workloads.
- Manual labor work experience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently at times.
- Proper fork lift operation.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Mechanical work experience.
- Food manufacturing work experience.
- Desire to learn about the malting industry.
- Interest/passion about the craft food and beverage industry.
- Malt and beer knowledge.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: Leander, TX 78641
Send resume to: email@example.com