Blacklands Malt located in Leander, TX is searching for a full-time Production Supervisor (35-40 hrs/wk + OT).
Full time positions come with fully subsidized company Health and Dental insurance, PTO, and Sick Leave.
Founded in 2012 Blacklands Malt is the first malthouse in Texas to provide locally sourced malted barley and wheat to the brewing and distilling industries. Our mission is to take the good sense of sustainable food production and connect people to their land through work and innovative foods. We value Hard Work, Attention to Details, Dedication, Integrity, and Professionalism.
- As a Production Team Supervisor you will be responsible for performing, instructing, and reporting on the work necessary for processing batches of raw grain into malt.
- Your primary responsibilities will include understanding our production flow from top to bottom and understanding what work is necessary to achieve each stage of our process. You then must assign or perform the work.
- Work will include physical labor so you must be physically capable of performing the manual work.
- OTJ training will occur to bring you up to speed on our process so prior experience in another malthouse is not necessary.
- Our ideal candidate also shares our Company Values.
- 35-40 hrs/week + OT.
- Must understand safety requirements of equipment and chemicals you will be exposed to during work and perform duties using proper safe technique.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- Ability to accurately collect, assess, and report data for process decision making.
- Ability to troubleshoot unforeseen issues and think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to be on your feet for periods of 4-8 hrs.
- Ability to shovel grain and green malt for periods of 1-2 hrs.
- Ability to lift up to 75# repeatedly without injury.
- Reliable transportation to/from work.
- Must be a non-smoker as this is a food production facility.
- Must be over 21 years old.
- Running grain cleaning equipment with other team members.
- Operating equipment to perform steep in cycles to begin batch production.
- Turning green malt bed during germination by shovel.
- Operation of kiln controls and programming.
- Taking accurate green malt samples during process and reporting results to management.
- Analyzing raw grain, green malt, and finished malt for quality, consistency, and troubleshooting purposes.
- Performing the required duties involved in grain cleaning, steeping, germination, kilning, and deculming of the malt.
- Inventory management of raw barley storage and finished malt storage.
- Daily fork lift operation.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related industry (food, beverage, manufacturing).
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Mechanical work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of malt.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in the craft food and beverage industry.
- Prior experience in another malthouse.
- Experience with GMPs, SSOPs, SOPs, and HACCP.
- PCQI certification.
- Forklift certification.
- Food manufacturing and sanitary production experience.
Job Type: Full-time with OT
Benefits: Fully subsidized company Health & Dental insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Time Off.
Job Location: Leander, TX 78641
Send resume to: email@example.com