JOB TITLE: Regional Business Manager (RBM)
LOCATION: Within NY, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, ME
REPORTS TO: National Sales Operations Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 11/27/2017-12/17/2017
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages Lead Brewery Reps and Field Sales Reps in Region. Communicate brewery programs & goals and guiding efforts to achieve them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
• Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with all key distributor personnel within Region. Assumes a leadership role in understanding, developing, and implementing key brewery initiatives with distributor sales team and business partners in division.
• Communicates all Brewery objectives, policies, and procedures with division sales team members.
• Conducts in-field work with sessions with Lead Brewery Representatives.
• Ensures that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by brewery sales team, distributors and retailers.
• Builds, manages, and communicates division business plans and forecasts with division sales team members including brands, pricing, timing, volume, budgets, support materials and any other information that will lead to successful execution in the market.
• Manages Region, Sales Rep, and distributor budgets.
• Reviews and communicates sales data and market insights relevant with entire sales team.
• Attends and assists with selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions
• Develops and conducts on-going training programs with sales team, distributors, retailers, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
• Reviews and understands all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market within the region and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations
• Maintains and updates distributor contact information regularly.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Responsible for the selection of new and existing Lead Brewery Representative and Field Sales Representative team members
• Provides orientation and training for new staff
• Manages the performance of existing Brewery Representatives within the region and keeps them appropriately motivated.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• General Office Equipment
• Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Successful experience in directly managing a sales team
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
• Ability to analyze and translate insights data to spot opportunities for brewery growth
• Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
• High level of craft beer product knowledge
• Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
• Strong organizational & planning skills
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of industry experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 58 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually an office environment.
• Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
• Attends beer industry conferences.
• Travel is required.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.