FINALLY! We’ve found you…It is you, isn’t it? If you love beer (check), love homebrewing (even better), are a customer service super star who thrives in a fun retail environment…then you’re the ROCK STAR we’ve been searching for to join the Northern Brewer team as a Retail Gardening Associate – Part Time. One question: Where have you been all our lives?
OK, A FEW MORE QUESTIONS…
When it comes to our team and our favorite plaid shirt…Fit matters. A lot. So here are some things you should consider before you contact us:
- Do you brew? It’s not a requirement, but knowing your way around a homebrew setup will give you a leg up when it comes to our greatest goal: helping homebrewers brew better beer.
- Are you a fixer? If a mindless, time-to-make-the-donuts job is your idea of torture, you’ll fit right in. At Northern Brewer, trouble-shooting and problem-solving is in our DNA. It’s all about making our customer’s day. And that shows in everything you do.
- Are you a little Type A? We’re not talking Dr. Sheldon Cooper levels, but organization and a knack for working efficiently goes a long way toward keeping our fulfillment center running smoothly.
- Can you go the extra mile? Position hours vary. But during busy periods, occasional extra hours may be required.
STILL SOUND LIKE YOU? OK, here’s how you’ll spend your days.
As the RETAIL GARDENING ASSOCIATE, you live to help customers with brewing and growing questions, stock the shelves with brewing and growing supplies and man the retail fort, where we make homebrew dreams come true. Every day, we strive to keep our customers happy and homebrewing. That entails:
- Give prompt attention to customers.
- Process and ring up customer purchases, returns, and exchanges.
- Respond to customer concerns and answer technical gardening questions via, phone, email, and in person.
- Provide support to other retail associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise, including at alternate store locations.
- Prepare items for stocking, receive inventory transfers, and maintain inventory counts.
- Be alert to potentially systematic problems that require immediate action and bring them to the attention of the Retail Manager.
- Assist with store marketing and promotional events.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe work environment (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, keep isles clear, etc.)
We have a few deal-breakers. Only apply if:
- You have 3 to 6 months of related experience with brewing and/or gardening
- Working knowledge of indoor and outdoor gardening systems including aquaponics and hydroponics
- You are not afraid of retail hours. Customers don’t always shop when it’s convenient for us. Sometimes that means a varied schedule in order to make the magic happen.
A FEW FINAL NOTES AND PERKS
Do we have rules? Sure. Is safety key? Absolutely. But Northern Brewer is about more than just a list of dos and dont’s. We’re invested in helping team members grow and thrive. Every employee has a chance to be MVP every day. And we give you the tools and training you need to get there.
To sweeten the deal, here’s a run-down of our awesome employee benefits, including (but not limited to): Competitive pay, annual bonuses, generous employee discount, brewing incentives program, paid time off and paid holidays, plush and affordable health insurance coverage, life and long term disability insurance, additional insurance, including dental, life, disability, etc., retirement savings plan, bicycle commuter benefit program, paid parental leave, employee assistance program, and wellness programs.
Oh, and did we mention a kick-ass headquarters designed to make you want to come to work every day, complete with homebrew on-tap in the break room?
With great perks come great responsibility…and pretty high standards. Not just everyone measures up. We are looking for someone who will fit right into our existing team – all of whom are rock stars in their own way. That means you must be energetic and enthusiastic about beer, life and a job well done. Delivering that every day is no joke. Only the most confident, consummate candidates need apply.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
If you’ve gotten this far and you’re more convinced than ever that you’re THE ONE, then apply now and convince us!
Northern Brewer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and employ a diverse group of employees. Minority / Gender / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation…none of that matters. Just commitment to meeting the needs of our customers.