JOB TITLE: Shift Lead- Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly Non-Exempt
SHIFT: 2nd shift Monday-Friday 2:00pm -10:00pm
POSITION SUMMARY: The Shift Lead-Warehouse supervises and assists in training new or existing Warehouse Associates and ensures completion of daily warehouse tasks at both the Logistic Center and Brewery. The Shift Lead- Warehouse assigns tasks as it relates to operational functions within the Warehouse departments ensuring a safe working environment, high morale among Warehouse Associates, quality workmanship, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery, Inc. and is accountable for the safety of his/her direct reports.
• Leads all day-to-day Warehouse activities on assigned shift.
• Facilitates communication within his/her team, between shifts, with management and with other departments.
• Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and company.
• Monitors staff attendance records and reports any problems to the Warehouse Manager.
• Tracks and records staff performance through documentation, reports any problems to the Warehouse Manager.
• Coordinates with Warehouse Manager to effect disciplinary measures if necessary.
• Conducts annual performance reviews to direct reports.
• Actively engages his/her team towards developing their professional goals.
• Effectively represents team’s needs in regularly scheduled Supply Chain meetings regarding safety, quality, and human resources related issues.
• Consistently administers Bell’s policies and procedures on his/her shift.
• Assists in developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance to all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in collaboration with subject matter experts.
• Provides feedback to Warehouse Manager of overall performance for both team members and vendors.
• Leads Warehouse training and educational activities for both new and experienced staff.
• Suggest ideas to continuously improve all functions and programs related to Warehouse Operations.
• Leads efforts to ensure all Warehouse equipment and tools are functioning safely and properly, reports all related safety concerns to Warehouse Manager immediately.
• Communicates with Drivers, Vendors, Brewery staff, and Shipping staff, to help ensure timely movement of Finished Goods shipments.
• Commutes between company sites and offsite storage facilities.
• Uses the company vehicle to transfer materials between company sites, as needed.
• Shift coverage as necessary.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
• On duty Warehouse Associates
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Access to a personal vehicle.
• Forklift trucks
• Desktop computer
• Including a basic understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook
• Hand held Bar code Scanner
• Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
• Company vehicles
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and comfortable addressing diverse groups.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent Bell’s Brewery both internally and externally.
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work load to balance multiple projects.
• Experience in a logistics receiving environment with an understanding of core safety issues.
• The ability to safely handle potentially hazardous chemicals & train others in safe practices.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
• Ability to work proficiently in Windows XP, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Access on an IBM compatible PC.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• 1-3 years of prior Logistics experience.
• Knowledge of logistics, supply chain and inventory control systems.
• Previous Leadership experience.
• A high level of professionalism.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and sequel server (HANS).
• Ability to make difficult decisions when necessary.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the brewing and packaging processes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs with assistance, and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs with assistance.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a brewery & surrounding grounds.
• The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
• The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80+ dB).
• The employee occasionally works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee comes in contact with and has to handle broken glass.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer