The Social Media Content Creator will conceptualize and create compelling photo, video, and social media campaigns that tell the Sierra Nevada story. The Social Media Content Creator will work closely with the Content Manager to develop original and exciting content on a daily basis.The Social Media Content Creator should be a highly motivated self-starter who jumps at the chance to grab a camera and run around the brewery. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for brand storytelling, demonstrable familiarity with social media, and the ability to express complex concepts in a simple and engaging way in 30 seconds or less.The Social Media Content Creator will offer up ideas for both projects and broader campaigns. In addition this role will brainstorm ideas and creative concepts with other members of the creative team, and will pitch original ideas to the Content Manager and Creative Manager.
- Conceptualize and create engaging campaigns to help tell the brewery story and promote our beers and programs.
- Create and edit original web, social, and media content using equipment including DSLRs, GoPros, sound recording equipment, and smartphone capture.
- Edit photo/video content and create graphics using Adobe Creative Cloud or similar editing software.
- Refine audio through sound mixing and audio post-production enhancement/cleanup, and search for music tracks.
- Manage photo and video archives.
- Monitor and manage brewery social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat as needed.
- Provide customer service via social media channels as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Proven familiarity with social media platforms listed above.
- Experience in operating DSLRs, sound recording equipment, creative shot composition, and editing required.
- Photoshop, InDesign Illustrator, Premier & After Effects highly desired.
- Experience with stabilizer, aerial drone videography, and stop-motion animation desired.
- 3+ years of experience within an agency environment or in house design team preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly creative, visual, and able to generate ideas and see projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must have a working knowledge of current craft beer landscape and all major social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- Strong knowledge in digital design and video
- Strong understanding of composition and studio production
- Sharp eye for composition
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment while being proactive, motivated, dedicated, and able to take initiative
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot, be solution-oriented and take direction
- Aptitude for making quick, quality decisions
- Must possess a flexible “can-do” attitude and enjoy working and collaborating with a team
- A passion for storytelling
- A love for craft beer
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather); risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be occasionally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Must provide a portfolio that demonstrates both photography and video shooting and editing.
- Travel as needed for work events/shoots. (10-15%)
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last FIVE years
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.